W. Stanley Muenzler, MD Endowed Professor
Cornea, External Diseases, Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Partial thickness corneal transplants, laser assisted corneal transplants, prosthetic corneal transplants, refractive surgery after corneal transplant, ocular infectious diseases, ocular surface diseases.
Developing methodologies for the rapid detection of ocular surface infectious disease. Corneal limbal stem cell biology and transplantation.
- BS: University of Arizona, Tuscon, Arizona, 1997, Tuscon, Arizona, 1997, Cum Laude with Honors
- MD, PhD: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, 2006
- Internship: Sound Shore Medical Center, New Rochelle, New York, 2006-2007
- Residency: Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, 2007-2010
- Fellowship: Cornea/External Diseases and Refractive Surgery, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, 2010-2011